Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lake Lavern

Lake Lavern

Bubbles filtrating up through the emerald-like lake
A man positioning his camera
as he whistles for the two swans to pose
The white swans preening themselves
next to a glistening maple tree, fully leafed out
A father and his curly-headed blond daughter
feed the swans pieces of hot dog buns
Up in the sky a two seater twin engine pulls
a glider behind it
The sound of the Campanile chimes
a quarter after four
All the happening of a great Memorial Day

Melissa Haynes
May 31, 2010

2 comments:

  1. I like the vignette--snapshot--slice of life quality of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ruth. You have written of planes in other pieces I've read. Very descriptive and observant. Don't think I would have noticed this. I like the lightheartedness of your writing.

    ReplyDelete