Friday, December 17, 2010

Dear

Dear

Your eyes so blue that when they meet with mine
I feel a hunger for your lips divine
Your lips so red I can not wait to kiss
You bring my heart a deep and loving bliss

I long to feel your loving heart so near
Come closer I long to hold you dear
I yearn to feel your body next to mine
When we're together feel our stars align

My love for you has grown throughout the years
A love for you is all so strong and clear
Your eyes so blue and when they meet with mine
I feel a hunger for your lips divine 
 
 
By Debbie
Iambic pentameter

3 comments:

  1. Wow, iambic pentameter. Hard. Does this form have a name, e.g. begins and ends with same two lines?

    A love poem with a lot of feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    The control of this poem is impressive. It sounds tight and those rhyme schemes were not easy, and you pulled them off. Repeating those last two lines at the end gives them incredible power in this poem, and are what I will remember about it long from now. I really like how you are pairing your poems with images. That adds a completely new dimension to the poems and is creative and beautiful. The most vivid part of this for me is when I can see this lover. The blue eyes, the red lips. What else can be used to describe this object of affection? What other senses can be used to describe this person I wonder? Thanks for this, it is bold and lovely.

    ReplyDelete